K’awat’si Construction is seeking 3-4th year Carpenter Apprentices to join our team in Port Hardy, B.C; located on the northern end of Vancouver Island.
Relocating to Port Hardy: If you want to find a place on the Vancouver Island to live that’s both affordable and livable, there is no other place on the island to live right now than Port Hardy. Port Hardy is ideal for those who love to spend time outdoors and enjoy wildlife. Residents can enjoy kayaking and other water activities such as scuba diving and surfing. Port Hardy is located close to secluded Vancouver Island beaches such as Raft Cove, Grant Bay and San Josef Bay.
What We Offer:
- 1 month of covered accommodations in a hotel room, for individuals relocating from outside of Norther Vancouver Island
- $500 relocation bonus
- $1500 bonus following successful completion of probationary period
- Access to wellness incentives including free in person counselling, discounted gym membership, and free weekly smoothies and fitness classes
- Company events and holiday parties
- Career growth and development opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of the project layout.
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions, when required. Handle various types of carpentry materials
- Read Building Plans and perform framing layout.
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure.
- Carry out general demolition of minor building structures.
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives. Create structures for pouring concrete.
- Ensuring all work is done in accordance to standard building practices, design specifications and
- BC building code
- Adhering to all company policy and procedures as outlines in the KEDC’s HR Policy Manual.
- All other duties as assigned by carpenter or Manager.
- Minimum 2 Years of related experience required
- Latest Driver’s Abstract
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have own vehicle for transportation