K’awat’si Construction Company is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team in Port Hardy, British Columbia. The Administrative Assistant will provide executive-level administrative support by providing clerical support, receiving clients and visitors, arranging travel and correspondence, and scheduling meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct administrative and office management support to the GM, as directed.
- Managing a variety of projects assigned by the GM.
- Attend confidential management meetings, prepare agendas and transcribe minutes.
- Assist with the coordination of various projects activities.
- Communicate maintenance of items from management/staff to GM
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations.
- Complete and review all expense reports, invoices, and other relevant monetary documents.
- Coordinate logistics of programs including meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events.
- Prepare draft reports, background documentation, and research.
- Review all documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for GM signatures for format, content, grammar, spelling and make edits as necessary.
- Assist with reports and presentation preparation.
- Troubleshoot and/or escalate office administration issues.
- Facilitate communication from team members.
- Present a positive and professional image of the executive office to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other persons.
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
Experience and Qualifications:
- University degree in Business Administration, or an acceptable combination of education and progressively responsible experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience in administrative role preferred.
- Previous experience in project management an asset.
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures.
- Able to write and format moderately complex correspondence, including memos, letters, etc.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail required.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
- Meticulous records maintenance skills with the ability to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
- Superior telephone manners and excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to communicate with all levels of the organization.
What We Offer:
- 1 month of accommodations at company cost, for those relocating outside of Northern Vancouver Island.
- Assistance in finding long term housing
- Enrollment in company benefits after 6 months of employment
- Extensive wellness program including: Free in-person counselling services, discounted gym membership, free fitness classes, and free smoothies
- Company events and holiday parties
- Career Growth and Development Opportunities